Thursday, October 30, 2014

Medications do not Heal Alcoholism

Previously Posted by Marilyn Redmond on December 22, 2013 at Daybook.com


The cause of any addiction is fear, not knowing how to love yourself, and running from reality by using a substance or behavior to distract yourself from reality. You remain an emotional child without living tools. Therefore, alcohol can easily cause addiction as a way not to feel. Looking for anything outside of ourselves to save us is the problem. We are looking for love in all the wrong places.

I stopped drinking 28 years ago, and all prescriptions over 12 years ago. After stopping drinking, I found I craved sugar; sugar is in alcohol and is toxic to the body. However, the real root cause of all my addictions have been living in the fear, guilt, and shame from my growing up in domestic violence, abuse, incest and being in a 30-year marriage of battering-abuse, and rape. I was as sick as my secrets.

When I found recovery, which means moving out of the old emotional drama for which I am reacting through healing “their source and replacing it with love for others and myself”. I am living in the NOW, or presence of God and the past has no more power over me. I have found I have no need to continue covering my negative feelings with any substance, new addiction, or activity. One of the new commandments is to love my neighbor as myself.

I am emotionally free to feel my experiences in the current moment and no longer stuff the feelings of the past. I have become emotionally available and mature. Addiction is but a symptom of something deeper. That deeper problem is listening to our ego that tells us we are separated from God, which if I am a child of God could never happen. It is time for people to go beyond the symptoms into the cause. It is time to change the cause and get different results. It is time to say, Satan get thee behind me.

The “Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous” states on page 25 states, "That God has entered into our hearts, and lives in a way which is miraculous.” We are filled with the love of God that saves us from searching for love outside of ourselves. Any man made substance of the material world is not of God. However, God is always present if we release the barriers of emotional pain.

On p55, it states, “Actually we were fooling ourselves for deep down in every man, woman, and child is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship or other things, but in some form or other, it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself. We finally saw that faith I some kind of God was a part of our make-up…”

It is all about healing our negative emotions of fear, separations from God, and our karma. The Big Book…states on p. 66 “for when harboring such feelings we shut ourselves off from the sunlight of the spirit”. On p. 64 it states, “When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically.” And on page 63, “ As we felt new power flow in we enjoy peace of mind as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we become conscious of His presence we bean to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.” We return to the love within. Drugs of any sort stop this emotional connection, I found. I could not emotionally mature on drugs for my Bipolar Disorder, depression or any other medical label.

As an internationally board certified regression therapist, my counseling includes regression to heal the root cause of where the fear, trauma, or drama creates a fearful reaction, so the love of God can heal this and resolve it. When offering loving responses to people, places and things around us, there are no symptoms to drug or stuff with any substance. It is about raising the fearful energy vibrations of a person into the love of God.

Even Einstein said you cannot solve a problem on the same level of which it was created you need a higher power. Substituting a new medication still lowers the energy and is superficial as the problem is still there only medicated with a different toxic, poisonous substance called medication. One day, God said to me, “You are not going to trust that pill instead of me for your healthiness”. Medications are only a substitution for the “Real Thing”.

The Serenity Pray asks to change the things we can, and that is changing ourselves into God-based instead of fear-based people. Our sufficiency comes from God, it says in the Bible. Why do people look for human means for recovery? Why does society and medicine support man made solutions, material answers, instead of God’s grace to heal people? Life is about returning to God. We move from being in dis-ease into being at ease in the presence of God’s love.

I quote Edgar Cayce, in my forthcoming book “Paradigm Busters, Reveal the Real You” when he says, The Christ Consciousness…is the only source of healing for a physical or mental body. Edgar Cayce 60-4. The Bible says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. II Corinthians 5:17.

I have become that new creature healing nine addictions, depression, mental illness, domestic violence, arthritis, hypoglycemia, Fibromyalgia, PTSD, and more through following the 12 steps of AA, Alanon, Edgar Cayce’s Search for God Study Groups, and energy work that raises me into the unconditional love of God. I have been in a relationship for over 12 years that has never been harmful, abusive, or threatening. I changed inside and have attracted another loving person. I am what I attract; we have a relationship of unconditional love.

When we sow what we want to reap, our reality changes. This is the universal law of “Like Attracts Like”, or what goes around comes around. Until I was off all medications, I could not have a spiritual life. Drugs do not allow my moving into reality, God’s love does. I am a new being “embracing God’s love within and sharing it” with others. It is an inside job. The Father and I are one.

Rev. Marilyn Redmond, BA, CHT, IBRT is an award winning international writer, syndicated columnist, consultant, counselor, and speaker who shares the dynamics of life through her own experience. Marilyn is an ordained minister for spiritual counseling, soul healing, and does Past Life Regressions. She is a candidate for a doctorate degree. Her own radio programs, many interviews on radio, appearances on television, and lectures are well received. Her powerful seminars, college classes, and other appearances in Washington and California are always a happy success.

She was inducted into Who's Who for Professionals and Executives for her innovation and pioneering work in restoring traumatic lives, healing emotional causes of illness and releasing negative energy through Therapeutic Hypnosis. She offers tools and solutions to enhance your health and wellbeing by using spiritual concepts from channeling. Hear her on You Tube: “Channeling From Higher Realms”. http://www.youtube.com/user/puyallup98372. In addition, you will find her DVD for “Domestic Violence” and “Empowerment" for viewing at You Tube. For more information, visit her web site: angelicasgifts.com.

Marilyn has several articles, lectures, videos on her web site. Her first book, "Roses Have Thorns" is available along with her E-books at Amazon.com. Her forthcoming book, "Paradigm Busters, Reveal the Real You” will describe many experiences, tools, and ideas for healing all parts of your life, including addictions, domestic violence, illness, mental illness, PTSD, relationship issues, and other problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment